Round two of the special series we’re doing down at the Chamber takes center stage today.
This series, ‘101 Ways to Take Advantage of the Chamber‘ has really put me to work. I love it. I love to see you taking advantage of the Chamber & checking into this blog site and using some of the resources we have to offer. Continue to let me know what you think and tell your friends and family the benefits of the Chamber & the positive things we have going on in Siouxland.
Let’s dive right in…
11) Commitment– Down at the Chamber we have an open phone, open mail, open door, open building policy. Call us, shoot us an e-mail, send us a letter with your trained pigeon etc. Have your business become a member and we will do everything we can to help you get it the exposure it needs.
12) Where to live– Perhaps your strolling along this website and you’re considering moving to Siouxland, great! We will do anything and everything in our power to tell you the lay and the land.
13) Business Roundtable- I love this one. It’s what it is all about networking, getting informed and building relationships. We bring in motivational speakers, business figure heads, and community leaders all to help you.
Mattitude with Matt Booth; A featured Business Roundtable Event
14) Annual Dinner– You know what? It’s coming up, we offer a discount for members and we have a social hour, a keynote speaker and a dinner. It harbors the right environment for businessmen and businesswomen alike to get together for a social night intertwined with business networking.
15) Golf- Not Tiger Woods? Okay you can’t play…..No just kidding, but we do have a Chamber Golf Classic that brings together long ranking members with new members and allows us all to unwind and have a great time.
16) Community Enhancements– This is really special, because it allows businesses to give back and be an integral part in building on the community that they live in. Join with the Chamber and its members to develop quality-of-life projects around Siouxland.
17) Government Relations- We all know business & politics go hand in hand. If you don’t here you go, I wrote about in the weeks past… http://bit.ly/Ziz8A . This is where the Chamber can help the community lobby for pro-business legislation that will enhance the vitality of Siouxland and promote growth.
Business After Hours on Morningside College Campus
18) Business After Hours- Do you eat, breathe, sleep business? Or do you just want to get to know the other Chamber members after work some day? This is the ticket then, this a monthly opportunity hosted by a Chamber member.
19) Side-Kick– Let us be your side-kick, and don’t stand alone. Studies by The Schapiro Group say that fifty-nine% of consumers think that being active in a local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy.
20) Gain Favor- When the consumer is aware that a local small business is a member of a chamber they are sixty-three percent more likely to purchase goods from that company in the future. (The Schapiro Group)